Stay connected with us!
Donation

We rely on your donation to pay servers monthly and development cost, please help us.

Raised: $0 Target: $100
0%

Unread Posts and Threads

Discussion in Feedback & Complaints started by Philandra
Page 1 of 1
Philandra
3 years ago #1

So I enjoy that the homepage has the top five latest posts, but sometimes there is more to respond to. Several of the other forums I participate in have a user link to see all unread posts and/or a link to see all new replies to my posts.  Would that option be something you can provide here in the PVP forums?  Not only would it make it more accessible for me personally to respond to new posts, but I think it would also help ensure that threads and posts that have questions don't get lost within the mixture of everyone's random posts.  Does that make sense?  Like right now I see a few threads that had questions unanswered or died out purely because they got pushed to the 'bottom' with new threads coming in. 

Another option that I would suggest in addition to the above, is to have a bullet next to a thread or having the title font style [bold] to acknowledge there is a new post that hasn't been seen yet.

So I enjoy that the homepage has the top five latest posts, but sometimes there is more to respond to. Several of the other forums I participate in have a user link to see all unread posts and/or a link to see all new replies to my posts.  Would that option be something you can provide here in the PVP forums?  Not only would it make it more accessible for me personally to respond to new posts, but I think it would also help ensure that threads and posts that have questions don't get lost within the mixture of everyone's random posts.  Does that make sense?  Like right now I see a few threads that had questions unanswered or died out purely because they got pushed to the 'bottom' with new threads coming in. 

Another option that I would suggest in addition to the above, is to have a bullet next to a thread or having the title font style [bold] to acknowledge there is a new post that hasn't been seen yet.

Philandra
3 years ago #2

So, one month and no response.  I was thinking about this again when thinking about the "Search Function" and the "Subscribe to Thread" options.  I was wondering if this has been looked into any further?  I feel this is one example of a post getting lost (or y'all are just tired of me adding to your to-do list, hah!).

So, one month and no response.  I was thinking about this again when thinking about the "Search Function" and the "Subscribe to Thread" options.  I was wondering if this has been looked into any further?  I feel this is one example of a post getting lost (or y'all are just tired of me adding to your to-do list, hah!).

Edited 3 years ago by Philandra
Sneaky.amxx
3 years ago #3

Let's see whatr Starry thinks

Let's see whatr Starry thinks

StarryCocoon
3 years ago #4

@Philandra

It's not like no response but somehow I didn't see this suggestion. Next time, make sure to remind me by posting to the Activity :D

And yes, your suggestion is nice, it's necessary to have a feature that allows you to subscribe to threads then get notified when someone replies.

@Sneaky.amxx: I agree to do this feature, it's up to you to make the final choice.

@Philandra

It's not like no response but somehow I didn't see this suggestion. Next time, make sure to remind me by posting to the Activity :D

And yes, your suggestion is nice, it's necessary to have a feature that allows you to subscribe to threads then get notified when someone replies.

@Sneaky.amxx: I agree to do this feature, it's up to you to make the final choice.

Sneaky.amxx
3 years ago #5

maybe we need some sort of unreplied threads page or something like that?

maybe we need some sort of unreplied threads page or something like that?

Sneaky.amxx
3 years ago #6

ehh i guess people can just bump their inactive posts

ehh i guess people can just bump their inactive posts

StarryCocoon
3 years ago #7

No, she means it's good to get notified (Notification) whenever someone replies to your forum thread (currently this feature is not available).

No, she means it's good to get notified (Notification) whenever someone replies to your forum thread (currently this feature is not available).

TankGirl
3 years ago #8

this thread been up for a month and im only seeing it now? da hell 

this thread been up for a month and im only seeing it now? da hell 

Philandra
3 years ago #9

This is just an example of what I was mentioning. I know Starry is quite creative and could likely figure out something that works well with the forums y'all have produced.

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

This is just an example of what I was mentioning. I know Starry is quite creative and could likely figure out something that works well with the forums y'all have produced.

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Page 1 of 1