Stay connected with us!
Donation

We rely on your donation to pay servers monthly and development cost, please help us.

Raised: $0 Target: $100
0%

Thanksgiving USA 2020

Discussion in General Discussion started by Philandra
Page 1 of 1
Philandra
3 years ago #1

So Thanksgiving 2020 was definitely different than previous years.  Traditionally, my family would get together with three other families and head to the Reserves in Colonial Williamsburg where my dad and his wife have a timeshare.  We'd stay for the week drinking, playing board games and just pandering on about the random events in our lives.  We'd start Thanksgiving morning with mimosas while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then head downtown to spend several hours claiming the entire bar at one of the nice restaurants.  We'd rack up a very large tab (easily done within four hours of drinking by twenty persons) and then head over to the old towne candy store for the kids (and adult-kids) to get some sweets and delectable fudge.  We'd then head over to 'break' into the William & Mary College football field so that we could play a game together (no joke - we'd be crawling and wedging ourselves between the gates or having to stack trashcans ontop of one another to climb over the wall)!  After we find our way off the field, we'd head back to the Reserves where we'd cook a 30lb turkey in a large orion cooker (look it up -- delicious and moist without fail) while some watch the football games and others play cornhole.  We'd continue drinking through dinner, the young adults would prepare to go wait in the late-night lines for Black Friday sales and then we'd play some drinking games together.  

But alas, this year was different.  With some family members being elderly and a couple newborns, everyone felt it was the safest decision to have separate Thanksgivings this year. My dad and his wife have a place by the Roanoke Rapids on Lake Gaston.  So we went from having 20+ people to only 8:  my dad, his wife, my step-brother and -sister, my sister with her daughter and son, then of course me!  Again... very different.  We at least had a beautiful view with the fall leaves surrounding the lake. The weather had a roller-coaster of overcast versus sunny, but overall it was nice.  We had a /much/ smaller Thanksgiving dinner, but still drank plenty!  My dad and step-mom saved a TON of money with us not going to the bar (as they would always pay the tab - which was amazing). I had my own room, when usually I am on the couch -- so that was nice too, hehehe.  

Instead of attaching a ton of photos to this thread, I just am sharing a collection of the photos within a slideshow. There is no music, just a plethora of photos and plenty of selfies (LoL -- someone has to document my life as I age, right?! LoL) so people can have an inside view of my Thanksgiving.  

Philandra's Thanksgiving 2020

So Thanksgiving 2020 was definitely different than previous years.  Traditionally, my family would get together with three other families and head to the Reserves in Colonial Williamsburg where my dad and his wife have a timeshare.  We'd stay for the week drinking, playing board games and just pandering on about the random events in our lives.  We'd start Thanksgiving morning with mimosas while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then head downtown to spend several hours claiming the entire bar at one of the nice restaurants.  We'd rack up a very large tab (easily done within four hours of drinking by twenty persons) and then head over to the old towne candy store for the kids (and adult-kids) to get some sweets and delectable fudge.  We'd then head over to 'break' into the William & Mary College football field so that we could play a game together (no joke - we'd be crawling and wedging ourselves between the gates or having to stack trashcans ontop of one another to climb over the wall)!  After we find our way off the field, we'd head back to the Reserves where we'd cook a 30lb turkey in a large orion cooker (look it up -- delicious and moist without fail) while some watch the football games and others play cornhole.  We'd continue drinking through dinner, the young adults would prepare to go wait in the late-night lines for Black Friday sales and then we'd play some drinking games together.  

But alas, this year was different.  With some family members being elderly and a couple newborns, everyone felt it was the safest decision to have separate Thanksgivings this year. My dad and his wife have a place by the Roanoke Rapids on Lake Gaston.  So we went from having 20+ people to only 8:  my dad, his wife, my step-brother and -sister, my sister with her daughter and son, then of course me!  Again... very different.  We at least had a beautiful view with the fall leaves surrounding the lake. The weather had a roller-coaster of overcast versus sunny, but overall it was nice.  We had a /much/ smaller Thanksgiving dinner, but still drank plenty!  My dad and step-mom saved a TON of money with us not going to the bar (as they would always pay the tab - which was amazing). I had my own room, when usually I am on the couch -- so that was nice too, hehehe.  

Instead of attaching a ton of photos to this thread, I just am sharing a collection of the photos within a slideshow. There is no music, just a plethora of photos and plenty of selfies (LoL -- someone has to document my life as I age, right?! LoL) so people can have an inside view of my Thanksgiving.  

Philandra's Thanksgiving 2020

StarryCocoon
3 years ago #2

A warm story, thanks for sharing :)

Christmas is coming for us

A warm story, thanks for sharing :)

Christmas is coming for us

TankGirl
3 years ago #3

They cancelled xmas in Montreal. anyone in the redzones caught having a family gathering is fined $1543.. altho a family weekend in mexico is $1200

They cancelled xmas in Montreal. anyone in the redzones caught having a family gathering is fined $1543.. altho a family weekend in mexico is $1200

Philandra
3 years ago #4

They tell everyone in my state to just tattle on your neighbor.  If you see someone having a gathering of more than 10 people, they want you to call the police. The problem is that the police don't want to be dealing with that... So it becomes redundant. 

They tell everyone in my state to just tattle on your neighbor.  If you see someone having a gathering of more than 10 people, they want you to call the police. The problem is that the police don't want to be dealing with that... So it becomes redundant. 

Sneaky.amxx
3 years ago #5

I'm not afraid of a gathering and no government body will limit me from living my life.. that's all i know

I'm not afraid of a gathering and no government body will limit me from living my life.. that's all i know

Philandra
3 years ago #6

Originally posted by Sneaky.amxx

How often do you get OUTSIDE of your house, Sneaky? I'm always seeing you on Discord which likely (although not definite) means that you are inside most often.  And the hours you work on this game, surely limits your free time because you are bound to have a full time job as well? 🤔  With that being said, what kind of living outside of the e-world are yoooou doing?  Surely it isn't the government restricting you from living your life. 😉

I hope you know I'm just messing with you. 😁

[quote user="Sneaky.amxx" postid="1163"]

[/quote postid="1163"]

How often do you get OUTSIDE of your house, Sneaky? I'm always seeing you on Discord which likely (although not definite) means that you are inside most often.  And the hours you work on this game, surely limits your free time because you are bound to have a full time job as well? 🤔  With that being said, what kind of living outside of the e-world are yoooou doing?  Surely it isn't the government restricting you from living your life. 😉

I hope you know I'm just messing with you. 😁

Page 1 of 1