Stay connected with us!
Donation

We rely on your donation to pay servers monthly and development cost, please help us.

Raised: $0 Target: $100
0%

Round End Issue

Discussion in PaintBall Elimination started by Philandra
Page 1 of 1
Philandra
3 years ago #1

While in the paintball server, we had an issue where the timer ran out but the round didn't restart.  Everyone was dead except two 'afk' players - one on each team.  We went from 17 players down to emptying the server.  

There was an afk on CT side and there was a player on T side that kept running in circles in spawn.  After a few minutes, the T was placed in the dungeon for camping or just happened to fall into a pit -- but I'm pretty sure y'all have a camping mod since it acknowledged his 'camping.'  Then we all had to wait... Well, we figured the timer would run out and the round would restart as there was only two minutes left. Well... The timer ran out and nothing changed. The T player was still going in circles in the pit and the CT player was still AFK.  I tried to get everyone to do a vote kick, but they weren't understanding me.  Although I typed out what each team needed to put in console, the language barrier and just the extra step prevented the server from continuing. Everyone started to drop and that was that. (As I type this, we probably could have RTV'd and that would have helped. Hindsight, right?)

Has anyone else seen this happen before?  It was definitely a bummer to have the server with so many players just drop, so I decided to post it here.  

Happened around 3:00pm EST 

While in the paintball server, we had an issue where the timer ran out but the round didn't restart.  Everyone was dead except two 'afk' players - one on each team.  We went from 17 players down to emptying the server.  

There was an afk on CT side and there was a player on T side that kept running in circles in spawn.  After a few minutes, the T was placed in the dungeon for camping or just happened to fall into a pit -- but I'm pretty sure y'all have a camping mod since it acknowledged his 'camping.'  Then we all had to wait... Well, we figured the timer would run out and the round would restart as there was only two minutes left. Well... The timer ran out and nothing changed. The T player was still going in circles in the pit and the CT player was still AFK.  I tried to get everyone to do a vote kick, but they weren't understanding me.  Although I typed out what each team needed to put in console, the language barrier and just the extra step prevented the server from continuing. Everyone started to drop and that was that. (As I type this, we probably could have RTV'd and that would have helped. Hindsight, right?)

Has anyone else seen this happen before?  It was definitely a bummer to have the server with so many players just drop, so I decided to post it here.  

Happened around 3:00pm EST 

Page 1 of 1